Old August 20th 05, 12:37 PM
Anonymous

Default Prime95 problem

Hello,

I need suggestions.

I just upgraded my CPU from an Athlon 1.333 to an Athlon XP 2800+ Barton.

The motherboard is an ECS K7VTA3 v6.

When I had the slower CPU, Prime95 ran fine.

After the new CPU, I crash Prime95 immediately. I am wondering if
perhaps my memory isn't quite up to snuff. The specs are 512MB nonECC
2.5 3 3 7 @ 166MHz or 2 3 3 6 @ 133MHz. However, I have been running
MemTest for over an hour so far with no errors. I will say the memory
isnt the problem if I get through 6 hours.

I was thinking of underclocking the CPU by lowering the FSB to 133 to
see if Prime95 would work then. That would be lowing the CPU to a 2200.

Could I have a bad CPU?

Any help is appreciated.

Please respond via this newsgroup as I used a spamproof email address.

Thanks in advance.

Dave