Old December 17th 04, 04:15 PM
Zoe Brown

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:06:57 UTC, "Zoe Brown"
wrote:

If I order some goods over the internet from a UK company and I am
based in the UK then who has to pay return postage if the goods are
unsuitable?

Does the Distance Selling Directive (or perhaps even the Sale of
Goods Act) specify who has to pay the postage for returns made under
such circumstances?
This is down to the terms and conditions on the retailers website,,,

No it isn't. The T*C cannot override the SOGA or DSA !!

No, but the DSA doesn't make it clear who pays the postage. So in a DSA
case it *is* down to the T&Cs.

yes it does.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/c...V0051-1111.txt

the customer has to pay if they simply change their mind.