Old August 23rd 03, 10:32 PM
KILOWATT

«Bonjour» again, Lorraine. Yes even if you opened the drive in
"ordinary ambient air" to transfer the parts, it should got to spin
at least. Probably the spindle motor or bearing as Kony mentioned.
With HDDs, the only possible "repair" to do, is what the "computer guy"
did...wich is to switch the controller boards. Sorry for her...for the lost
data. This is often irreplaceable. :-(
Alain(alias:Kilowatt)
Montréal Québec
PS: 1000 excuses for errors or omissions,
i'm a "pure" french canadian! :-)
Come to visit me at: http://kilowatt.camarades.com
(If replying also by e-mail, remove
"no spam" from the adress.)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I kind of figured that if anything, I'd experience
read problems or some type of damage along those lines. I'd really like to
get the darn thing to a least spin though so I'd know if anything is
recoverable.

Guess being unafraid to attempt anything isn't always a good thing. )

Lorraine