Old December 8th 03, 04:16 AM
Mel

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 03:53:24 UTC, "JAD" wrote:

remove the sound card remove the ram.
Reset the bios (short the jumper) power plug out.
Reboot - load system bios defaults.

Thanks Jad. It's good to know, except now it isn't an
emergency anymore. Or maybe it still is, I don't know. My
brother came by and threw the motherboard at me (literally)
The smc ethernet card too. I'll try to revive the board when
I can, maybe that will help things. I just don't have any p3
chips handy tonight.

thanks,
Jinxed Meli

"Mel" wrote in message news:jt6GoClVi2cx-pn2-8xwT2UqL4Zr7@localhost...

my brother's pc;

Tyan Tomcat 230t (s2507)
2 x 1ghz p3
1.5gb ram (3 x 512mb)
Ati rage 2+ video/ agp (it's mostly a server)
Adaptec 3940uw scsi
3com 905 ethernet
Smc (some kind) ethenet
CL soundblaster live (ct4760)
Win nt4.0 server

A couple of weeks ago, he took out one of the dimms and
the sb live to use in a workstation he was planning. But
he cancelled that project for budget reasons, and today
he tried to put them back in.

I guess it gave him lots of bizarre trouble and many reboots
this morning. He's not a good technician. He should know how,
but he just doesn't have the patience or the temperment to do
very well.

I went by later to check on it (he wanted me to) and it was
sitting on the NT "disk administrator" screen, with the whole
system frozen solid, no response to anything. And the reset
button didn't work either. So I powered it down, and turned
it back on after it had had a chance to cool off.

When I turned it on again, all I got was a message about
"award bootblock bios" and "please insert floppy with rom image"

My brother is furious, he blames me for all his problems and
calls me a liar.

Ok, so there's something I'm supposed to put on a floppy disk
and it probably has something to do with a bios image. What do
I put on it? and in what format?

I might only get one chance to solve this, before he goes off
the deep end.

Thanks,
the jinxed one