Old March 23rd 09, 01:08 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
chrisv

Default Ignorant, anti-Linux trolls SUCK

Robert Myers wrote:

There's always something. It used to be Tru-Type fonts and SMB
networking. Last I looked, even to get the claimed functionality out
of Ubuntu (to look at YouTube, for example), you had to use a codecs
that was of questionable legality.

Wrong. FUD.

There are usually ways around
these issues, but you have to be willing to hack and fiddle.

Bull**** you do. Many distros "just work" for online video and such.
Mepis and PCLOS and Mint are examples.

"Questionable legality" my ass. Call a cop.

Microsoft is forever messing around with SMB to make it hard for Samba
and those who want to make Samba transparent.

FUD.

Your MS-Word documents and presentations come out looking funny in
Star Office.

Wrong. FUD'ing liar.

I can live with that, but many people can't. If you
have to hack and fiddle or if the OS won't do what people generally
expect it to do, then it's not a general-purpose OS.

Normally, one does not have to, you lying, FUD'ing, TROLL.

These limitations are all a result of Microsoft monopolistic business
practices? For the most part, yes.

You have not yet stated one real limitation with Linux, troll.

What do you plan on doing about it?

People who would like a good, secure, OS with tons of free apps, and
who are not deathly afraid of trying something new, can try (and use)
Linux for FREE.