Old February 14th 04, 09:25 PM
Norm

Norm wrote in
. 97.136:

Hi group.

I've got a 5441 that has been wiped clean and reloaded with Win98.
Restarted it and had the crappy VGA video and no sound. Went to the
compaq site and downloaded the video and sound drivers for the system.
Installed the video driver, rebooted, and that's now fine.

Tried to install the sound driver and got a page fault error. Closed
that window and another one popped up that said the system wasn't
configured to use that driver.

Went to the device manager and there are no sound devices listed. No
multimedia of any kind.

Any thoughts? Is there something I have to do to enable the sound
system on the 5441?

Thanks,
Norm.

Found the driver that worked. Got it here.
http://www2.driverguide.com/uploads/uploads7/158.html
Norm.