Old October 26th 04, 02:58 AM

On 12 Jul 2004 12:01:17 -0700, (Joe
Bachman) wrote:
Anyway, Fedora Core 2 is now up and running on my machine, which is
good becuase I did something in windows that rotated the image in my
monitor, so until I can figure out how to turn it around, I'll have to
stick with using linux. Actually, it was pretty impressive. Excpet
for my stupid mistake setting up GRUB, the install was totally
uneventful. Not bad for a non-geek who not only installed linux, but
did so from downloaded iso disks. Maybe linux is ready for the common
desktop.

Fedora Core 3 should be better still. My Presario 3210 laptop
isn't my primary machine, so I upgraded to FC3 test 3. USB
flash drives automount and up2date works better, although it
still chokes if you select too many packages to update in one
session. I use YUM, which is installed by default. Now, if
somebody would just write a Linux driver for the Broadcom Wi-Fi
tranceiver...