Old November 7th 03, 12:39 AM
Hippy Paul

Not familiar with the board but have a KT333 and a Barton 2500+ (which I
guess yours is from 1466MHz - 11x133)

In your original post you state that

I have PC2700 RAM at latency 2.5, set to SPD.
FSB 133, memory clock 133, AGP clock 55.5, PCI clock 33.3
CPU ratio set to auto]

The AGP clock is not right - if it is not a typing error - it should be 66.6
- is it still out of range with the 166fsb? also might it be locked to the
fsb in someway so it has been taken out of range by the increase in the fsb?
Also check that the cpu ratio is at 1:1 and not 4:5.

I also have (1x256Mb) pc2700 that I am running at 167Mhz @ 2.5, 2, 2, 6.
Some boards take issue with the number of ram sticks in use - in theory the
KT333 can only take two pc2700 sticks running at 166 - although no doubt
there are exceptions. Maybe try relaxing the memory timings - although I
found that the faster I ran my cpu - the less I could push the fsb -
irrespective of memory timings (other than if I tried CAS 2 - when no boot)

With regard to the overclocking - when you feel the need - I would check out

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/ht...md_pinmod.html

I currently have a 14 x multiplier on 167fsb = 2340Mhz with vcore at 1.85v.

Also it seems on my board (Asus A7V333) that the system runs noticeably
cooler with the fsb at 167 x 14 (2340Mhz) than it used to with the fsb at
172 x 12.5 (2150Mhz - [and not fully stable])

"S.Boardman" wrote in message
Forget that! I'm having problems in Windows 98. It wouldn't boot in to
Windows - hung on blank screen. Then it just got into safe mode and

explorer
crashed. It works fine with the original settings (@ XP 1900). I have a
hunch it is the video card. I got an 'out of range' warning from the

monitor
too, after POST.

The card is a (MSI) nVidia GeForce4 MX 440. The memory clock reported by
display properties in Windows is 405MHz, core clock 270. Elsewhere in the
settings it has a tick by 66MHz and AGP x4. BIOS version is 4.17.00.24.00.

Please help.
--
Susan