Old October 26th 07, 11:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
~Mike Hollywood

Default Laptop Battery-OT???

when the battery died in my old hp, i just removed it, and used the ac
adapter instead. It's been like that for over 3 years now and works fine.

Mike

"fermineutron" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 26, 9:08 am, "pheasant" wrote:
Daughter finally whined long and loud enough to get us to cave and buy
her a
new whiz bang laptop. :\

So we' ve got the old Dell with a battery that's at least 3 years old.
Think I bought her a new battery before she headed to college.

It's used mainly as a desktop replacement, so ac is available, and we
normally just leave it plugged in. Had it in the kitchen for a recipe,
and
held it's juice nicely for about 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes (2 open windows) it read 75% then dropped
precipitiously
about 15% every 5 minutes.

Dumb question is this normal or is the battery about had it? Inspiron
P3
600mhz, win xp, with a wireless card.

Thanks
Mark

My notebooks battery held about 2HR worth of power, new. Now 2years
later i get the low batt warrning allot sooner, may be 1hr. Try to
completely drain and then fully charge battery, may be do it couple
times in a row, this might make meter slightly more accurate but not
whole bunch. New batt should solve ur problems.