Old August 11th 04, 09:40 PM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:19:42 +0100, Mimic dev@null wrote:

Lose the 5400rpm drive, it's laggin your whole system down. Also, using the boot up sequence is a
VERY poor test of the systems speed. I mean, whether you're running a 900Mhz Athlon or a 2.4Ghz
Pentium, they'll both boot up at about the same time. The only way to really speed up the boot is
to cut out things that it's loading that you don't need.

hatter dont be so lame, i have a serious issue that i would like to
resolve,

Then try to shut the **** and listen. Or be ignorant and stupid...your choice. I mean, the
opinions expressed so far are based on...what...Maximum PC magazine? *snicker* My opinions are
based on ACTUAL EXPERIENCE.

the fact that my storage hdd runs at 5400rpm doeswnt mean ****
as far as system speed goes.

Actually it REALLY does. Even if you've got it setup as just a slave/storage drive it's STILL gonna
slow it all down. In fact currently it is pretty much THE slowest component in your system.

Furthermore, my point was that it shoulnt
take over 3minutes for a system to boot. My old system booted in about
20secs

What OS was your old system running? You do realize there's a difference between operating systems,
right?

--

Onideus Mad Hatter
mhm ¹ x ¹