Old October 10th 08, 09:46 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Gilles Ganault

Default Utility to avoid HD clicking sound?

Hello

My PC comes with a Seagate hard-disk that makes the annoying clicking
sound due to Seagate using "Seek To Improve Reliability" (STIR).

To avoid this, I just run eMule at all times so as to keep the
hard-disk busy, but there are times (VoIP, VNC, etc.) when I need to
have the full bandwith to myself, and closing/restarting eMule is
annoying.

Before I write one myself, does someone know of a little application
for Windows that would access the hard-disk often enough to
effectively cancel STIR?

Thank you.