Old May 16th 07, 11:45 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Paul-B

Default Aria - avoid like the plague!

Tx2 wrote:

On 16 May 2007 16:41:21 GMT Paul-B
from the village of
felt we might be interested in the following...

Sorry, I'm not taking any new clients, far too much work.

Too much work?

You can never have too much work. You can have enough work, but not
too much. "Too much" sounds like you can't cope with what you are
doing, and are finding it hard to keep clients happy. Not a good
advert really.

No, too much means I have to turn people away. So I don't advertise,,
just word of mouth. If I have a temporary overload I just work longer
hours. Not exactly rocket science, is it?

Our current supplier/reseller is in Shropshire, and we are in Sussex,
so distance doesn't matter AFAIC.

And I only work for SME's, not for joe public.

From one budget, I have £250,000 to spend this financial year, to kit
out a new 6th form college with Macs and media equipment, along with
a few PC's thrown in for good measure.

And thus far since April 6th on another budget, I've secured over 50
new PC's, 2 x servers, a UPS, 2 x tape drives, and numerous other
odds and ends totalling the best part of £100,000.

i'm not quite Joe Public...

Agreed. You're far larger than me, but the personal service I give my
clients is just exactly what they need. And it doesn't matter to them
where I buy my components, so your comment about avoiding me because I
buy my Asus motherboards and my Kingston memory and my AMD cpu's from
Aria and my network hardware from Draytek and my software from Blue
Solutions doesn't actually make much sense, does it? Well, certainly my
clients, most of whom have been with me since 1998 or later are more
than happy with the service I provide and the hardware I build. So that
doesn't really equate with your snide comment that I am "finding it
hard to keep clients happy", does it? There are quite a few businesses
competing with me in this neck of the woods, if my clients were
unsatisfied I would not have been in business for as long as I have.

I understand that you have had problems with Aria? That's your problem,
I have had no such problems, with Aria or any other of my suppliers,
and the healthy state of my business would seem to back me up.

--
Paul-B