Old May 16th 07, 09:30 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Palindrome

Default Aria - avoid like the plague!

Tx2 wrote:
snip
From one budget, I have £250,000 to spend this financial year, to kit
out a new 6th form college with Macs and media equipment, along with a
few PC's thrown in for good measure.

{pragma

+enter rant mode

Am I alone in thinking that money would be better spent on teaching them
to read and write and do basic arithmetic, rather than, "Macs and media
equipment"?

We interviewed some ex-"6th form college" students for work placement a
week or so ago. Not one could work out what, "Half of a quarter kg of
fruit" would weigh. With or without a calculator. Only one out of the
seven could spell "necessary". None knew the cosine rule. All thought a
kg of lead would be heavier than a kg of flour.

But hey, more provision of Macs and media equipment will fix all that..

end pragma}
--
Sue