Old October 16th 18, 06:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 5:39:08 AM UTC+2, Char Jackson wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 16:29:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

(Modem works fine for internetting, just can't get into the menu, resets connections when attempting too, may be a weird DHCP misconfiguration ?!?)

DHCP? Aren't you manually configuring the network (IP, mask, GW, DNS) on
your PC? If so, DHCP is out of the picture.

DHCP is working fine as far as I can tell:

1. Public IP address is assigned to my PC when modem is "properly" connected.

2. Local IP address is assigned to my PC when modem is booting or disconnected.

This last one surprised me a bit.

Modem is at 192.168.1.1 (or at least status pages) and then went on to assign 192.168.1.10 to my computer.

As if it learned that my computer wants to be there... This kinda surprised me a bit.

Anyway, a factory reset should get you back in. You'll know it was a
proper factory reset when you see all of the router config options and
not just the cable modem pages.

I wish it did

The fact I can't get in worries me, I am worried this cable modem is hacked by somebody who may have installed a modified firmware version locking me out.

Or some really screwed up setting is not being set back.

I may try and find the configuration menu/screenshots on the internet and perhaps yet again contact ISP to walk through these menus to see if they can spot something that is off, perhaps they can then correct it.

This may be a lot of work though, even ISP probably doesn't know what all the settings do on these modems... too many models for them to get to know...

Keep in mind that it's entirely possible for the modem and the router to
have separate admin access, each with its own IP.

Hmmm.. so modem on different ip than admin access that what you mean ?

So modem IP A, menu IP B ?

Bye,
Skybuck.