Old April 30th 06, 07:08 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default MB won't stay OFF!

My friend has a new ABIT SG-80 MB, Intel Celeron 3.06 GHz CPUwith the SIS
661FX+964 chipset and a Phoenix-Award BIOS (sorry I don't have the version
#).

His problem is that the computer will not stay off. He shutdown the computer
using the Shut Down command in the start menu. Yet when he moves the mouse,
or touch a key, the computer starts.

Getting into the BIOS Power Management Setup, we been able to keep the
computer off except when the CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE keys are pressed. But, we
want the computer to be OFF when it is OFF. With NO CHANCE of the computer
starting by any method except the power button on the front of the case.

All the choices under the Power Management windows has been set to their
defult setting. Whith the ACPI Suspend Type set at S1(POS) But, we still can
start using the CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE command. Is there a way to kept the
computer off when it is off?

That is with-out using the switch on the power supply!