Old August 16th 04, 12:02 AM
Michael S.

Thanks Roger,

MikeSp
-------------------------------
"Roger Hamlett" wrote in message

"Michael S." wrote in message
While dinking around in the BIOS of this new build, I noticed that in

the
BIOS under MAIN, that the Primary IDE Master (WD2000JB) had 32 bit data
transfer [Disabled] (this is my backup drive) and could find nothing

about
said 32 bit data transfer in regard to the RAID 0 Raptors on this

system.
Device Manager, Disk Management, Aida32, PC Wizard and CPUz all do not

show
any details about the rate of data transfer on either the IDE or SATA

HDD's.
Should this 32 bit data transfer be enabled or is it important or too

late?

MikeSp

It doesn't matter at all.
On OS's like XP, Unix etc., the handling of the drive, is taken over from
the BIOS, as soon as the machine has booted, using a 32bit driver. When
dealing with a RAID array, you are talking to the 'array' as a single
entity, and the controllers usually negotiate the speed to use themselves,
and don't report it back to the system.

Best Wishes