Old February 26th 08, 05:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pcbldrNinetyEight

Default problem with new cd/dvd burner

" wrote in
:

I recently installed a new cd/dvd burner. Everything seemed fine. I
didn't realize until I gave a CD to somebody else that it did not
finalize the CD.

When burning CDs, I have always used windows explorer to drag the
files onto the CD and then write CDs. It worked fine with the old
burner. Is there a setting I need to change?

I looked at the properties for the CD drive, and didn't say anything
about finalizing a CD.

Thank you very much.

I have no specific solution for your problem but here is what I do know:

I am aware of two methods for burning CD/DVD. Writing in sessions
(common) and packet writing (less common). Packet writing emulates the
behavior of a magnetic drive in that you can add and delete files on the
fly. Session writing can be either single session or multi session. Data
discs can be burned in either single or multisession but music CDs
intended for use in music CD players must be single session and that
session must be closed (a.k.a. finalized).

Some OSs like WIN98 do not natively support access to additional
sessions of a mulitisession disc in Explorer unless software is
installed to support this function.

I recommend freeware burning softwa
http://www.deepburner.com

--