Old June 18th 07, 12:06 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt
Conor

Default Ebuyer unbranded memory doesn't work - how do I even know I have the right stick?

In article , John Jordan says...
Conor wrote:

Yes they do take account of the DS/SS issue. Why do you think Johannes
would benefit from having SS over DS? Do you think it makes any
difference?

For DDR400 at least, the more sides or ranks you have in a channel, the
less likely it is to work at SPD speeds and timings. This is explicitly
stated in AMD's Athlon 64 technical specs, and is also true for other
memory controllers. DDR400 was always a borderline technology.

Rubbish.

Because all recent DDR chipsets support 512mbit chip density, the 512MB
PC3200 sticks with the best overall compatibility are single sided,
8-chip. Crucial just sent me 8 or 16 chip sticks at random, as far as I
can tell.

They didn't.

--
Conor