Old May 1st 20, 05:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default WIRELESS KEYBOARD MOUSE RECEIVER Q

Looks good! I have two PCs, one with W10, One with W7 and W10 (dual
boot). Can I boot up the second (remote) PC w/same keyboard/mouse
monitor? How does one actually make the PCs switch back and forth?
xxxxx

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 07:56:53 -0400, "SC Tom" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:46:21 -0400, "David W. Hodgins"
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 11:20:22 -0400, wrote:

I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse that works fine on one
computer, using its USB receiver. I want to be able to use the same
keyboard and mouse on a second PC nearby. Without having to move the
USB receiver I find USB slots to be too fragile for frequent use. Some
of mine have already died. Ergo I am thinking of just buying a
second receiver for that PC's USB. I don't know what to buy. A
Logitech so-called 'universal' receiver?

Won't work if they are nearby, as the mouse/keyboard output would be
picked up by
both receiver's at the same time, unless only one pc will powered on at a
time.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...g-receiver-usb

Get a separate mouse/keyboard for the second pc with the new receiver.
They
come already paired, so they won't interfere with the existing one. I've
used
that setup with two systems that were side by side.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Good info - I am running thataway now and was trying to avoid the
inconvenience of manual switching 'tween keyboards/mice. I even have
tried several KVMs, only to have them ALL crap out after short usages.
IMO they are a waste of $$$.
Thanx
xxxxx

I've used Multiplicity for many years now:
https://www.stardock.com/products/multiplicity/?utm_source=stardock-software&utm_medium=multiplicity-3&utm_campaign=in-app-purchase

It's $20US for 2 PC's, but has been well worth it to me. Tried numerous
other freebies and trial versions, but most of them wouldn't remember their
configurations and settings from day to day.