Old June 23rd 11, 04:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
red floyd

Default The System has experienced boot failures because of overclocking

On 6/22/2011 6:42 PM, arnieb wrote:
On May 31, 10:12 pm, red wrote:
Brand new mobo: GA880-GA-UD3H
CPU: Athlon II x3 455
Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) Patriot Sector 5 G 1066/1333EL (PGV34G1333ELK)

When I boot, I get the error in the title: "The System has experienced
boot failures because of overclocking"

Except... I'm not overclocking, all memory timings are set to "Auto"
and/or "SPD".

How can I get rid of this? The memory passes the Windows 7 memory test.

If it helps, I'm using the on-board Radeon 4250HD.

I've just gone through this myself. I'm building a 6-core Phenom with
16 GB of 1333 MHz memory in a 4x 4GB configuration. It wouldn't fly at
that clock speed and I had to back it off to 1066 MHz. I was thinking
that it might be the drive capability issue. There may be a way in the
BIOS to increase the drive current and voltage to the memory array to
compensate for the increased capacitance, but I'm not sure what that
is or how to do it.

It's in the M.I.T. menu in the BIOS.