Old June 15th 07, 08:35 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt
News Reader

Default Ebuyer unbranded memory doesn't work - how do I even know I have the right stick?

"Jonathan" wrote in message
ups.com...

SNIP

Hi,

It is anything but unknown for ebuyer own brand memory to have a high DOA
(dead on arrival rate). Often one or more sticks will be duff.

I am not sure if you system demands matched pairs or pairs at all.

But I would suggest just trying one 1gb stick at a time (i.e. literally just
one of your new 1 GB ebuyer memory sticks). Try this with each stick to see
if you can identify one as faulty. (Likewise, if you system does require
matched pairs you can always see if you can borrow a known good stick form a
friend and try one of yours with that, etc. - or vice versa [if the system
requires matched pairs the likelihood of this working is going to be very
low - also if your system does require matched pairs I would be surprised if
that is what you are getting from ebuyer - they never used to do own brand
matched pairs).

Anyhow - hope that helps and good luck.

Best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. Their is every likelihood that one or more of the sticks is faulty but
it would be a shame if it turns out that they are not.