Old March 8th 15, 07:33 PM posted to comp.hardware
Haines Brown[_2_]

Default Samsung S23C350H defective?

I try to connect a new Samsung S23C350H display via a Mac HDMI adapter
cable to a MacBookAir notebook. I previously had this notebook connected
without problems via a DVI adapter to a different model Samsung
display. All I see on this display after it checks for Analog/HDMI
connections is "Check signal cable: analog".

Does this message mean that it sees no computer at the end of the HDMI
cable? The JOG picture control only says: HDMI:PC mode, but offers no
other display options such as brightness.

I've checked the connections and restarted the monitor. I have no other
device with HDMI output to test the adapter cable. I'm trying to decide
whether the problem is with the monitor or the adapter.

Haines Brown