Old November 23rd 18, 04:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel[_2_]

Default What are your findings with SSDs ?

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 18:29:59 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Everytime my harddisk is slow/taxed I kinda wish and wondering about SSDs... how much would I really like it ?!

What I would HATE is losing all my data caused the SSD went dead or broken or corrupted.

So for this I ask you and I am wondering:

What are your practical findings with SSDs ?

How reliable did you find them in case you used them ?

How long have you been using SSDs ?

Did any break ? Get lost ? Damaged ? Static Discharge ? Overheated ? Corrupted ?

Any other issues ?

The biggest pain seems to be the small size, running out of disk space on C/system drive and big COSTS/price.

But let's assume size is going to increase in the future and price is coming down... what then ?

Harddisk reliability/safety vs SSDs reliability/safety.

Which technology do you trust the most for keeping your data safe ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

1) You should have backups anyway.

2) I've had multiple HDDs fail over the years. Zero SSDs so far.