Old February 1st 05, 05:03 PM
Harvey Gratt

Default PartitionMagic Question

I'm trying to verify whether PartitionMagic 8.01 will automatically
"fix" the boot.ini file and the partition boot sector where it resides
during the rearrangement of disk partitions.

Specifically, say I have an XP primary, active partition as the third
partition on my HDD. The first two partitions are logical partitions.
Initially, the boot.ini file would point to the third partition.

If I now delete the first two partitions so as to make the XP partition
the first partition, will PartitionMagic automatically rewrite the
boot.ini file to make it point to the first partition so as to make
subsequent boot-ups possible?

Thanks,
Harvey