Old June 30th 03, 10:29 PM
Jethro

Default Harddrive recovery

Hello everyone,

First of all, I don't know if I am in the right group here, someone
else pointed me in this direction.

I have a problem with one of my harddrives which I will try to explain
he
I have 2 harddrives in my pc 1 is the system harddrive on which my OS
(win2k) is installed. The second one is a harddrive for all my other
things, the size is 80Gb. That harddrive containt 4 partitions of
somewhere arround 20Gb each. This second harddrive is the problem.
Something went terribly wrong during a crash and now Windows says the
drive is 'unformatted'. The partitions are no longer viewable.
In the bios the size of the harddrive isn't correct. The actual size
is 80Gb but the bios says somewhere arround 31Gb.
With EasyRecovery Pro I managed to get a little more information which
have shown that, from the 31Gb, 1 partition (of 20Gb) is still intact
and I am able to recover all the data on that partition. The rest of
the space is 'unindentified'.
I also have a logfile of partition magic, you can view it he
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bjborsje/diskinfo.txt.
My feeling is that all the data is on the harddrive, but that somehow
the partition tables are messed up. I hope there is a way to make this
all work again.

I hope I'm not bothering anyone with this post, it just that I'm a
total dummie if it comes to this kind of complicated problems. I'm
just very worried that I might not be able to get to my other
partitions.