Old January 11th 05, 06:27 PM
Chris Berry

"Quaoar" wrote in message
Chris Berry wrote:
Hey folks,
I was looking for information on this aparent bios limitation for that
series of notebook and found none... so...
I just bought a 7k60 HGST 60Gb drive and am happy to report that
there were no problems whatsoever with the bios or W2k recognising
the drive and drive capacity.
Install went smoothly and I can recommend the upgrade if anyone wants
to inject a new lease of life into their M700.
I spent ages trying to get through to someone at HP support who could
tell me if the bloody drive would work and... nobody knew - or even
knew who to ask.
The nice thing is that I've also found aftermarket batteries for the
M700 that give me 5:30 hours and seem to beat the originals hands
down... Someone might find this useful.
cb

More useful to have a link to the battery vendor you found.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW
not so useful as it disappears after a few weeks...
He has a store at www.oege-energy.de but these replacements are available
quite widely.
cb