Old January 11th 05, 03:35 PM
Chris Berry

Default 32Gb HDD limitation on Compaq Armada M700 series notebooks

Hey folks,
I was looking for information on this aparent bios limitation for that
series of notebook and found none... so...
I just bought a 7k60 HGST 60Gb drive and am happy to report that there were
no problems whatsoever with the bios or W2k recognising the drive and drive
capacity.
Install went smoothly and I can recommend the upgrade if anyone wants to
inject a new lease of life into their M700.
I spent ages trying to get through to someone at HP support who could tell
me if the bloody drive would work and... nobody knew - or even knew who to
ask.
The nice thing is that I've also found aftermarket batteries for the M700
that give me 5:30 hours and seem to beat the originals hands down...
Someone might find this useful.
cb

--
Some people have something to say... others have to say something!