Old August 25th 03, 10:53 AM
S.Heenan

Dwayne Epps wrote:
I hope this is an appropriate newsgroup for this question.

I'm running Win2000 and I have been looking for a comprehensive
resource either online or preferrably in a book that discusses how to
clean out the harddrive. I've read lots of different articles and
information online, but nothing fully detailed.

I routinely delete out my temporary internet files, internet history,
cookies, temp files but I continue to see my harddrive space eroding.
I also read information about different software packages that clean
files from the harddrive like: Wipe, Evidence Eliminator, etc. These
types of software packages might be decent choices, but I'm looking
to understand what to watch out for and what can be deleted before
investing in something that might not achieve what I need.

Forget about EE, it's garbage.Same applies to Spyware Nuker.

Down AdAware and Spybot S&D and update them to rid yourself of most all
spyware/malware. The rest you can accomplish manually.

Here's a place to start:

http://tinyurl.com/1pdi
--
Winerr 012 - Cash Underflow - Credit Card Number Will Be Assimilated