Old December 14th 04, 01:32 AM
Ferrante

Default Still no gameplay. Could this be the problem?

I recently purchased a new GeForce FX5200 in hopes of getting a game
to run. No luck. I meet the minimum requirements for the game (I have
a Pentium II, 400, 384 megs ram, small 6 gig HD) , so at the very
least the game should run, even though it may be slow. I make sure the
have the latest drivers for the card, and yet no game. When I click on
the icon, the screen goes white (sometimes)then black for 30 seconds
and then back at the desktop. What's up?

While exploring, I found under computer management, in a subdir called
conflicts/sharing that it listed two items on the same IRQ channel.
Could that be the problem? Here is what I saw:
System Information report written at: 12/13/2004 07:57:06 PM
[IRQs]

IRQ Number Device
11 NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
11 Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)
3 3Com Windows Modem ISA ADI
14 Primary IDE Channel
15 Secondary IDE Channel
9 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
10 CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
1 PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
4 Communications Port (COM1)
6 Standard floppy disk controller
8 System CMOS/real time clock
13 Numeric data processor
12 Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Lastly, I called the place I bought the FX 5200 and talked to the tech
for a while. he said that since I am getting the following message
(The WDM Video Audio Crossbar (ATIXBar) service failed to start due to
the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
because it has no enabled devices associated with it.), the computer
is still trying to load the ATI drivers, yet there is no ATI card on
here. He said that that command should be deleted from the registry.
Ok. I've used several registry cleaning programs to scan the system
and while it found many erros, so say, not one listed ATI anywhere.
Anu suggestions?

Mark Ferrante