Old December 23rd 04, 11:44 PM
Thomas Jahns

"Bronney Hui" writes:
"Thomas Jahns" ???
???...
"JK (at mail dot dk)" writes:
When you cut off the power on the PSU backside you cannot use wake-up
features.

Thomas, I had the same mobo and no trouble.

while below you state that you had the exact same problem.

1. check that the KBPWR jumper is set to on.

Check.

2. check in bios that you assigned that key combination to pwr on computer,
I think it's under power management.

Check.

3. what you stated as soft boot isn't soft boot, fans don't turn off at soft
boot. Softboot = ctrl-alt-del. What you did was suspended the computer and
any key pressed would've bring it back.

I never called it soft boot. I called it soft power-off (by which I mean
that at the end of the shutdown, the computer will power off anything
that isn't on standby power) but perhaps there is a nice term from some
ATX design document.

4. I also find that I cannot keyboard power-on the machine the first time
ATX is on. It only works after at least 1 shutdown.

Okay, so I'm not alone at least. Maybe I'm a little more afraid of a
system constantly on (computers can set your house on fire, you know
that?), so this first time is practically every time I turn on the
system and it's just annoying.

Thomas Jahns
--
"Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind."