Old January 28th 04, 12:02 PM
John Fader

Didn't fix it. I also disabled USB kbd support, though the machine had
failed before I'd earlier enabled that. It wouldn't recognize the ESC or
DEL.

So, it will boot from a restart *or* from a dead PSU, but *not* from a
normal shutdown/cold boot.

I think it must be a mobo problem; I hate to ahve to send it back, but I
have an old K6-II/450 computer that I can build to use in the meantime.

Cheers/The Fader

John Fader wrote:
Thanks, Rick,

it is counting now, but I'll change it and see if that changes anything
else.

Cheers/Fader

snappy wrote:

you might make a change in the bios to let it count the memory instead
of fast boot. after it has counted the memory a little bit, then hit
delete and see if it will boot on up from there

rick