Old June 28th 03, 11:54 PM
smh

NgOnly wrote:

Hi. I bought a Sony CRX225A CD-R/RW 52X write, 24X rewrite drive.

This replaces my Yamaha CRW2100E rewritable drive which stopped writing to
disks not too long ago (after only 150 disks used -- sucks but that is
another story).

My question is this. I used Adaptec DirectCD with the Yamaha drive, which
allowed me to drag and drop onto CDR disks. But, my new Sony drive forces me
to use their B's Recorder Gold software if I want to use CDR disk, and drag
and drop can't be done with a CDR disk.

If I want to drag and drop, Sony says I have to buy CDRW disks, which are
more expensive.

What's the deal? Why could I drag and drop on my 2 year old Yamaha cd writer
using CDRs but not my new Sony writer (where they say I have to use CDRW
disks)?

Should I return it and get another drive?

All I want to do is simple data archiving, dragging and dropping data from
Explorer. Can any of you gurus advise me. Perhaps there is a better drive
more suited to my needs?

Or can I use other software with the Sony drive that will allow me to drag
and drop onto CDRs?

Thanks for any advice.

It's not the drive. B's CLip does not support cd-r media.

If you like drag&drop with cd-r media, look into RSJ CD-Writer, which
does drag&drop without using packet writing:

http://www.rsj.de