Old January 20th 07, 11:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default New Build Question

On 20 Jan 2007 02:50:05 -0800, "kimiraikkonen"
wrote:

You can lower or set it higher to choose a proper shared VGA memory.
That's why it shows 192MB.
Bill wrote:
In article ,
says...
I just assembled a new computer with the following:

ASUS A8V-VM
Athlon64-3000-939 CPU
Western Digital HD
Two 128 MB sticks of PC3200

My problem is that only 192 MB is showing up as usable, rather than
the 256 MB installed.

Is there some setting in bios, that I haven't found, that would limit
usable memory to 192 MB?

Thanks for any help provided.

The missing 64MB is being allocated to the onboard video chip.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

Thanks a whole bunch.

I've switched memory sticks around and tried a different pair of
slots, but still got the 192 MB available.

Sure was dreading shipping the memory and motherboard/cpu combo back.

Appreciate your help.