Old December 20th 19, 04:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default "Speaker For PC Interanal BIOS Computer Motherboard Mini OnboardCase Buzzer Board Beep Alarm NEW."

Norm Why wrote:

Thanks Paul,

I acquired a couple of other PSUs for experiment. I made some progress in
hypotheses. Here is my latest experiment.

"From my last experiment, I tied removing 12V and using my installed PSU.
Same result as last. Fans spin, LEDs glow, no boot recycle, no beep codes.
12V = beep codes." No PCI VGA boot to BIOS screen. 500MB DDR2-533
installed.
WTF?

My friend Jerry interpreted manual different he says default PCI VGA is
first. I say different. Maybe I should move format jumper on PCI VGA
graphics card?

Do you have another processor to test with ?
(No, not another 9650, a processor that will
start if the F4 BIOS is present in the BIOS chip.)

Something that you could use to start the motherboard,
then flash it up to a later BIOS version ?

I don't really think an unending supply of ATX power
supplies is going to do it this time. Just a hunch on
my part. This smells like a "we don't know what CPU this
is, therefore the measured VCore is wrong". But at least
we know the board only supports one VRD spec, the latest
one for that socket (LGA775). But that also causes a problem,
in that a few of the cheaper processors to use as a donkey,
to flash up the board, they wouldn't work either. VCore
might get shut down if those older processors in the "N/A"
category were used.

And what's a "format jumper" ???

Paul