Old May 11th 11, 06:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Buffalo[_2_]

Default PC Freezes

Buffalo wrote:
After looking at pictures of the dvi/agp adapters, it appears I have a
DVI-D/VGA adapter and not a DVI-I/VGA adapter.
That could explain a lot and also gives me hope on using a 7600GT AGP
card with my CRT monitor. Yippee!@!
Buffalo
PS: My Radeon 8500LE DVI port looks like a DVI-D , but it is listed
as a 29 pin combined DVI-i (don't know how they come up with that
since there are three rows of eight pins and then one wider
horizontal pin), and not a 29 pin DVI-i. It didn't work with my
adapter either.

I bought a DVI-i to VGA adapter and it works just like it should.
I am now using my XFX 7600GT 256MB AGP card and it is working as it should.
Still don't know why the 6600 oc had all those problems. Same drivers.
Happy it is working well and actually running cooler. Gaming is much
smoother on Quake3, Doom3, and Half-Life.
Thanks for your input and ideas, Paul.

Buffalo