Old May 3rd 11, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Buffalo[_2_]

Default PC Freezes

Paul wrote:
Buffalo wrote:
Buffalo wrote:
PS: I think I will put my old Radeon 8500LE vid card back in and try
that DVI-i\VGA adapter on it to see if my monitor will work. If it
works with that card, then I will know that the adapter is good. If
it doesn't, then I could only assume that the adapter is bad..
Interesting.

I put my old Radeon 8500LE in and I tried the DVI-i/VGA adapter in
it and once again, the PC booted into Windows but the screen
remained as blank is it does before you turn the power on. I shut
down (ctrl-alt-del) and then changed my monitor cable to the VGA
port on the Radeon and rebooted again. Monitor worked as it should.
Will look into another DVI-i/VGA connector.
Buffalo
PS: Reinstalled my BFG6600 card and it worked like before.

Apparently, Rivatuner can adjust the AGP slot for you.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpfix/rt3.jpg

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpfix...html#rivatuner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivatuner

Paul

Thanks, I already have Rivatuner.
Just for kicks, I set my FSB (in the BIOS) to 150MHz and it booted up just
fine. When I tried it in Windows with Speedfan, it froze immediately. I am
now running at 2GHz with no increase in cpu temps. Quite a surprise.
I checked the speed with wcpuid and also with SpeedFan. It is now 150/30/150
and running stable at 2GHz. Still some vid card problems.
I also ordered a 24 +5 pin DVI-I to VGA adapter and it should be here by
next week. If it works, I will try using the XFX 7600gt AGP 256MB card to
see if it will help my games even more. I believe my cpu is limiting my
gaming at this time.
Buffalo
PS: Strange that the 24 +1 DVI to VGA adapter didn't work with my Sapphire
8500LE card because it has a VGA and also a 24 +1 DVI port. Hmmmm.