Old May 3rd 11, 01:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Default PC Freezes

Buffalo wrote:
Buffalo wrote:
PS: I think I will put my old Radeon 8500LE vid card back in and try
that DVI-i\VGA adapter on it to see if my monitor will work. If it
works with that card, then I will know that the adapter is good. If
it doesn't, then I could only assume that the adapter is bad..
Interesting.

I put my old Radeon 8500LE in and I tried the DVI-i/VGA adapter in it and
once again, the PC booted into Windows but the screen remained as blank is
it does before you turn the power on. I shut down (ctrl-alt-del) and then
changed my monitor cable to the VGA port on the Radeon and rebooted again.
Monitor worked as it should.
Will look into another DVI-i/VGA connector.
Buffalo
PS: Reinstalled my BFG6600 card and it worked like before.

Apparently, Rivatuner can adjust the AGP slot for you.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpfix/rt3.jpg

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpfix...html#rivatuner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivatuner

Paul