Old June 13th 21, 06:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_28_]

Default Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacyand effect your hardware

Norm Why wrote:
Hi,

Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacy and effect your
hardware.

In my last reply here I explained how I am recovering from some bad PC
symptoms. Enlightenment came when I saw an image of storage file for a PC
SSD on my Android smartphone. I had been trying to access that drive on my
PC with no luck. The offending software that caused this stupid miracle was
DropBox. So I set about removing DropBox everywhere. Microsoft's OneDrive
was a competitor in that marketplace. I had bought a large amount of SSD
storage; I didn't want any web storage other than Google Drive. So I set
about removing OneDrive everywhere. Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller is
new. It looks like Microsoft considers its decision superior to a human's.
If Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller can find storage online, it prefers
to give you that storage rather than your device storage you're trying to
connect to.

Not only does this conflict with a hardware driver software, it puts your
secret business online. This is bad since lately I've been doing research
into Brazilian contract killings.

Storage spaces appears to be a way of building a pool
similar to a RAID.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-4a75ba11f9f2

Is the drive on your PC still non-functional ?

What does Disk Management show (right-click start, in the menu there) ?
Is there a row in Disk Management corresponding to the drive ?

If you open Device Manager, does the SSD have an item there in
the drive section ?

https://i.postimg.cc/xCcsVRJB/disk-drive.gif

Paul