Old October 30th 04, 10:30 AM
Chip

"Warty" wrote in message
Look what happened to CS:S, we did not get to download it until 7pm that
evening which is 11am there time.
If they release it at 12 noon we will get it at approximately 7pm - 8pm.
If they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it at
8am. Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in
time, they just have the rest of the day to play it.

Its only a time zone.

Well yes... and no.

Since GMT is the standard reference by which time is measured, you might
have hoped they'd release it at 00.00.01 GMT. Which would be bad for us
actually.

If they release at 00.00.01 US time (are Valve west coast? I think they are)
then that would 8:00 am, which would be perfect for us. We'd have all
morning playing with the thing whilst the yanks were asleep.

Still, a few hours here or there is not very important I suppose.

Chip