Old November 20th 12, 02:45 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
davy

Default planned obsolescence - f.e. Canon MP810

That's naughty, very naughty print heads blowing main board - not a
simple fusible or fusible resistor by chance?

Normally when print heads go they show an error code - but as said I
don't know the model you have, I did have the IP5000 the best printer
I'd say, the purger unit went and I decided to get the IP4950, certainly
not a good a printer and expensive on the ink as well!

Certainly if that's the case you don't want to be lobbing a suspect head
into a working machine. Inkjets nozzles are a bit like mini electric
kettles as you probably know.

Wonder what the outcome would be in trying a good head in the faulty
machine rather than other way around? If it is a 'scrapper' then
there's certainly no harm in looking for and checking fuses, fusible
resistors are usually low value metal film types... say up to about 10
ohms or so and usually situated on a voltage rail.

That trick is naughty, maybe they do it so you have to get a new
printer... the profits is in the ink these day's.

Wish you well and hope you sort it, do report back if you manage to.

davy