Old July 2nd 19, 10:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default Cables Reproducing?

On 7/2/2019 1:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 7/2/19 8:42 AM, John McGaw wrote:
It has to be that these things are breeding. There used to be a joking
theory that wire coat hangers were reproducing and trying to take over
the world but it seems that computer cables are in the game now.

Do you find that your stock of cables is expanding without your
knowledge? I just looked in the closet in my "office" and found a bag of
unexplained USB cables -- mostly A to B types -- that really shouldn't be
there. I already had a rack on one wall holding cables and I swear that
there are twice as many now as there were a year ago -- all sorts of
cables, not just USB but video, power, extenders, and who knows what
else. I'm almost afraid to look in the downstairs "closet of computing
antiquity" for fear of what will be there now.

What does on do with such excess? Does dumping them at the recycling
center help?

Keep male and female cables separate!

I don't think that will work. Clearly parthenogenesis is involved since all
of the USB cables are the same gender at each end and they seem to be
reproducing the most quickly.