Old March 12th 17, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Would UEFI with CSM enable cause power problem to Intel motherboards?

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 23:32:35 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

Never mind. After reassembling everything from scratch, it is working
again now. Not sure whether it got something to do with weather though
(humidity 95%-100%).

Had that happen once before. Wouldn't power up no matter what I did.
Swapped out power supplies from another unit, even. Ooo..k...ahy
then. ...Last stop, time to strip it down. Pulled out everything.
Took special care with each hole for case mounting: Was it a plastic
insert standoff, or did it indicate metal-to-metal standoffs and
associated grommets. . .

Generally, (hmmm...), slap in a MB and some cheating around mounts
won't matter. It'll work fine. With that one, something though was
off-center, and a remounted assembly fixed it. Back with feet firmly
grounded.

Or, as you say, blame the 100% humidity, weather which I also prefer
and live in, closer than not to the equator.

(I didn't go so far as bring out alcohol, parts brush, and air
compressor -- stand vertically, wash and clean the layer of filth
collecting heat on everything before blowing it all dry, ink erasure
to readily clean male contact card insertion points, or quick-dry
automotive-grade electrical contact cleaner for going over everything,
conceivably, else mechanically passing a signal).

A dated MB of course from the past, before these newer brands, I
suspect I now have, built for the extremities of humidity and heat, or
generally friendly to otherwise industrial environs. Select Gigabyte
motherboards, you've probably by now correctly guessed.