Old August 24th 13, 02:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default any alternative to Antec spot coolers?

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:45:13 -0700, "Timothy Daniels"
wrote:

"Flasherly" wrote:
[ . . . ]
I hammer in pieces of wood to my vacuum tube amplifiers and use a set
of military grade "safety wire" pliers for securing suitable fans to a
desired end of tube temps;- a powerstrip and transformer is, however,
secured by plastic tie-wraps.

Can't even begin to imagine such things I might similarly do inside a
PC case and off the cuff.

Duct tape!! :-) There also used to be some stuff in the war surplus stores
called "200 mph tape" which was a roll of sheet aluminum with adhesive on
one side. I imagine that it was used to patch bullet holes in fighter plane
fuselages, and it would make nice brackets for PC case interiors.

I use the stuff, though it's both adhesive and electrically conductive
on either copper sides, for grounding guitar cavities from stray RF
interference. Expensive even on Ebay directly from Singapore.
One-sided adhesion aluminum A/C duct tape - got a couple rolls of that
out in the garage. As you say, good for lots more stuff.