Old June 12th 18, 08:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_7_]

Default Dell Registration

I registered my Dell desktop when I first set it up. It came with the
Dell Help & Support, and Support Assist programs.

Both programs seem a little buggy.

While in Dell Help & Support, if I click on the link that is supposed to
take me to the Dell Community, I end up at
https://www.dell.com/community/delle...default.aspx/?
appIndex=dellspct

which tells me Page not found, check your spelling, etc...

While in Support Assist, if I click on Drivers and Downloads, there's the
list of Notifications. "Register Now" has been there since I set up the
machine in December 2017. If I click on it, I'm taken to a page that
tells me I have to agree tp Support Assist's terms and conditions, first.
I never did this, but my machine is registered on the Dell site, under My
Product List.

I suppose the Support Assist is a different type of registration?
Registration needed in order to let Dell remotely assist, and watch your
machine in order to make 'improvements'. I don't mind the remotely
assist, as I used it before on a Dell laptop, but I would worry about
'improvements' done without my approval.

No biggee here. As usual, more curious than concerned.