Old December 9th 03, 02:10 AM
Mad Ad

"Daibhidh" wrote in message
Mad Ad wrote:

Say I wanted to set up as a pc builder and/or a parts supplier, then how
would I get good prices to be able to compete? I assume Id get some

kinda
trade account, but from who? And what kind of discount are we talking?

As a lot of people have said in reply to your post, you're never going
to get really good discounts unless you're buying in real bulk.

I run a small PC repair business, and I also do some cheap PCs for some
of my customers. By doing a lot of shopping around, and by offering
added "extras" along with the PCs (a month's on-site tech support,
installation & setup help etc) it's pretty easy to build PCs that aren't
too much more expensive than elsewhere, but are pretty attractive in
terms of added value.

Just my 2p worth.

Hi Daibhidh, thanks for the 2p .... I agree absolutely with what you say
there, at this point im still trying to learn how good means how bulk, I'm
familiar with electronic houses and have sold b2b consumables from an office
many years ago so i do realise these discount levels may not ramp up for
quite a while. Hey im still feeling my way.

Agreed too, the barebones market is rock bottom for some configurations (amd
based especially) and isnt it ohh soo much easier to maintain something you
built yourself . Its just me having the confidence to invest the time and
marketing into the build side as a plan (rather than one offs as an
inevitability of a repair business) even if it is small numbers to begin, I
can hope for high turnover despite low quantity

Good luck

Ad