Old August 1st 20, 03:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default asrock = useless pricks

Char Jackson wrote:

wrote:

I have a Z97M Anniversary mainboard. Doesn't boot, emits 6 beeps. I
have done all the usual crap, swapping RAM, graphics card, CMOS
battery, power supply ad nauseum.... The user manual doesn't have
page for beep codes. I tried searching the asrock website, just get
500 internal server error. Goodnight clowns, I will never buy
anything from them again.

Every brand, regardless of the underlying product category, has its base of
anti-fans who swear they will never buy that brand again.

There are countless web sites that describe various beep codes. You'd want
to start with knowing who made the BIOS so that you can go down the right
path.

Yep, one of which is:

https://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/beep-codes

To be sure, which brand of BIOS might differ in what the beep codes
mean, like American Megatrends differing from Phoenix. But, as you
noted, pedro wasn't here to ask for help. He was here to vent. His
vent will never be seen by Asrock. He never mentions trying to contact
Asrock's tech support (https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp). He doesn't
even state that he attempted a warranty return.

If that is the depth of pedro's ability to research problems, he should
not be buying parts to build his own system. He should buy pre-builts.