Old March 9th 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Nospam[_2_]

Default Problem with "super azo" ?

Dan G a écrit :
Many older CD players cannot handle 700 MB/80 min CDRs. Some will play them
as long as there's less than 74 min/650MB recorded on them. In other cases,
they just won't play CDRs at all. It's just about impossible to say what the
issue might be in your case. But try burning one at a lower speed, say
16-24x, and see what that does. If the discs will not load at all in the
player, that's not a good sign.

"Nospam" wrote in message
Good evening,
I bought some Verbatim Data Life Plus CDR 52X Super Azo Chrystal 700MB
DL+ (Whatever that means...)and burnt a copy of one of my CDs audio
(bought in a store).
This copy plays ok in the computer CD player but won't play in the
living room cd player (an old one) or in my child's cd player (which
plays MP3).
Has anyone encountered such a situation with these Verbatim cds or is it
an incompatibility between what and what I don't know.
Thanks for any comments

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
The thing is that I burnt this cd with Nero 5 which
closes the session (I checked that) and I burnt it at
4X to make sure it was not a speed problem.
Furthermore my child's cd player does read cdrs. I checked
that out too.
So I guess it must have something to do with these azo double
layer cdrs.