Old February 6th 06, 04:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Deskpro EN 6266 CPU Upgrade

I`m thinking about putting a cheap PII450 Slot 1 CPU upgrade in this machine
it is possible. I had a quick look at the current CPU a few weeks back and
it doesn't look like a Slot 1 CPU although it must be - its mounted flat
instead of upright. I haven't bothered to take a closer inspection but the
Slot 1's I remember used to be mounted vertically into a Slot 1 socket. Is
this different or am I looking at it wrong ?

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well