Old August 13th 09, 04:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
John Williamson

Default Compaq 6820s

chackmol wrote:
First excuse my poor English.

Not a problem.
Snip

My question is ; where I can find a CD of Vista Home Basic in order to
reisntall it.

Thank you in advance for your help

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=3629433

Has information on how to buy a recovery CD/ DVD from Compaq.

There is a charge for supplying them, but they will restore your PC to
ex-factory settings. You may need to explain that you are *not* claiming
under the warranty.

It is possible that you may be able to re-install from any official
Vista Home Basic DVD for your country by using the COA number on your
computer case. It worked on XP, but I've not tried it with Vista,

Your only other choice is to buy a new copy of Vista Home Basic and get
all the drivers from the HP website, or upgrade to Windows 7, which is
free (In the United Kingdom, anyway.) until June 2010. Then the licence
expires and you'll need to buy a licence for it. Windows 7 uses Vista
drivers.

--
Bonne chance.

John.