Old August 21st 04, 08:09 AM
Odie Ferrous

no-name wrote:

I remember reading the debacle about some Fujitsu hard drives -
( a faulty controller chip from Cirrus Logic wasn't it ? )

now, a friend has turned up a pair of Fujitsu's
that have been "faulty or dead" for as long as she can remember

trying them in a PC - the auto check in the BIOS
simply shows each as cylinders/heads/sectors as ZERO each
which seems to confirm the "faulty or dead" description

given that Fujitsu replaced - or compensated for -
a lot of these drives, is it worth contacting Fujitsu
or is it far too late to bother ?

specifically - this is in Britain :-)

the hard drives in question a

MPG3204AT - made 2001-Feb
MPF3102AH - made 2000-Oct

thanks for reading :-)

Don't bother - unless you were a Dell who bought 10s of thousands of
these things you don't stand a chance.

If you need the data back, though, I will be able to manage it for you.

If you don't need the drives, I'll give you some beer / wine money for
them.

Odie
--

RetroData